Looking for a quick and easy cookie recipe? Cake mix cookies are the answer!
These delicious 3-ingredient cookies are soft on the inside and just the right crisp on the edges.
Cake mix cookies
I love to bake cookies from scratch, (and cakes and pies and bread and…), but these cake mix cookies are so delicious and easy to make, the shortcut is worth it.
Cake mix cookies taste like birthday cake in cookie form, soft in the center and crisp on the edges.
You may top the cookies with icing or frosting, but I think they are just the right sweetness as-is or with sprinkles.
how to make cookies from cake mix
Cake mix cookies are made by mixing cake mix, vegetable or canola oil, and eggs. That’s it!
You can use any cake mix you like and add mix-ins such as chocolate chips, dried fruit, or nuts.
If you want to explore an assortment of flavors, I have a roundup of 20 cake mix cookies.
let’s make cake mix cookies!
You will need:
- You’ll of course need a 15.25 ounce box of cake mix. Vanilla is used here, but you may use Yellow Cake Mix too. Use any of your favorite brands.
vegetable or canola oil
- You may use either vegetable or canola oil. Although they taste slightly different, both have neutral flavors.
- Vegetable oil is a broad term for all plant-based oils, including canola oil, but it’s usually made from corn or soy beans. Canola oil comes from the rapeseed plant and is lower in saturated fats.
- Make sure to use large eggs. Egg size does matter in baking because you’re adding a liquid.
- Sprinkles are optional, but come on… look how pretty they are! I prefer rainbow jimmies.
Tools you’ll need
STEP 1: MAKE YOUR COOKIE DOUGH
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer OR in the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle, place your box of cake mix, 1/2 cup oil, and 2 large eggs.
- Blend well.
STEP 2: BAKE YOUR COOKIES
- Drop about 1 1/2 teaspoons of dough on your baking trays two-inches apart. You may use a small ice cream scoop if you like.
- Top each generously with sprinkles.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- TIP: Bake one tray at a time on the center rack of your oven. Keep the other tray of cookies in the refrigerator.
- Let cookies cool 10 to 15 minutes on the baking tray and transfer to a cooling rack.
printable cake mix cookie recipe
Looking for more colorful cookies? Check out these amazing gumdrop cookies.