Love chocolate cake? Love shortcut recipes? Love getting cookies quickly when you're feeling lazy and just really need cookies?
Enter the 3-ingredient chocolate cake mix cookies.
chocolate cake mix cookie recipe
Chocolate cake mix cookies are like pieces of delicious chocolate cake in cookie form!
Cake mix cookies need only three ingredients: Cake mix, oil, and eggs. That's it. Here, I topped the cookies with rainbow sprinkles.
You may also top the cookies with frosting or powdered sugar. For even more chocolatey goodness, stir in a cup of chocolate chips.
If you want to explore an assortment of flavors, I have a roundup of 20 cake mix cookies.
how to make chocolate cookies from cake mix
you will need:
- You’ll of course need box of chocolate cake mix. Devil's Food chocolate cake is used here. Use any of your favorite brands.
VEGETABLE OR CANOLA OIL
- You may use either vegetable or canola oil. Although they taste slightly different, both have neutral flavors.
- Vegetable oil is a broad term for all plant-based oils, including canola oil, but it’s usually made from corn or soy beans. Canola oil comes from the rapeseed plant and is lower in saturated fats.
- Make sure to use large eggs. Egg size does matter in baking because you’re adding a liquid.
- Sprinkles are optional, but come on… look how pretty they are! I prefer rainbow jimmies.
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
STEP 1: MAKE YOUR COOKIE DOUGH
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer OR in the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle, place your box of cake mix, ⅓ cup oil, and 2 large eggs.
- Blend well.
STEP 2: BAKE YOUR COOKIES
- Drop about about 2 teaspoons of dough on your baking trays two-inches apart. You may use a small ice cream scoop if you like.
- Top each generously with sprinkles.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- TIP: Bake one tray at a time on the center rack of your oven. Keep the other tray of cookies in the refrigerator.
- Let cookies cool 10 to 15 minutes on the baking tray and transfer to a cooling rack.