Super easy to make with only four ingredients, Funfetti cake mix cookies are a colorful, delicious cookie to whip up any time!
Funfetti cake mix cookies
Of all our cake mix cookie recipes, I think Funfetti cake mix cookies are my favorite. They are easy peasy to mix up, scoop up, and bake.
Serve at a rainbow or unicorn party, gift for birthdays, or gobble them up just for fun.
what is funfetti cake?
Funfetti cake is a buttery vanilla cake filled with sprinkles. Hence the "fun" and "confetti" combination. Here, we use a box of Funfetti cake mix as a shortcut cookie recipe.
cake mix cookies
EASY 3-ingredient cake mix cookies combine a box of your favorite cake mix, oil, and eggs to create a sweet and chewy cookie.
Or, you can doctor the recipe to make an delicious version of a classic cookie, such as these chocolate chip cake mix cookies.
more cookie recipes you'll love
INGREDIENTS AND SUPPLIES
You will need:
FUNFETTI CAKE MIX
I found a 15.24 ounce box of Funfetti cake mix my neighborhood supermarket.
You’ll need ⅓ cup of vegetable oil. This type of oil is the mildest for baking. You may also use canola oil, which is a type of vegetable oil.
This recipe calls for two large-size eggs.
While coating the cookies in sprinkles (jimmies) is optional, they look and taste so good with sprinkles!
Use any brand of rainbow jimmies/sprinkles you find.
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
This recipe makes 24 to 26 cookies, enough to fit on two trays. I suggest lining the trays with parchment paper for best results.
For uniform cookies that will bake evenly, I always use a scoop. Here, I use a mini scoop which holds about 1 ½ teaspoons of dough. (Although I use rounded scoops here, for about 2 teaspoon of dough per cookie.)
How to make Funfetti cake mix cookies
STEP 1: MAKE YOUR COOKIE DOUGH
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. I suggest an oven thermometer to be sure the oven is the right temperature! For example, my oven runs about 25 degrees too cold.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer OR in the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle, place your box of cake mix, ⅓ cup oil, and 2 large eggs.
- Blend well.
STEP 2: BAKE YOUR COOKIES
- Drop a ball of about 2 teaspoons of dough on your baking trays two-inches apart. You may use a small ice cream scoop if you like. The scoop shown is a 1 ½ teaspoon scoop, but rounded, so it’s about 2 teaspoons of dough.
- Pour sprinkles in a small bowl.
- Roll each dough ball in the sprinkles and return to the baking tray.
- Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes or until edges start to brown and the top cracks.
- TIP: Bake one tray at a time on the center rack of your oven. Keep the other tray of cookies in the refrigerator.
- Let cookies cool 10 to 15 minutes on the baking tray and transfer to a cooling rack.