Super easy to make with only four ingredients, Funfetti cake mix cookies are a colorful, delicious cookie to whip up any time!
Funfetti cake mix cookies
Of all our cake mix cookie recipes, I think Funfetti cake mix cookies are my favorite. They are easy peasy to mix up, scoop up, and bake.
Serve at a rainbow or unicorn party, gift for birthdays, or gobble them up just for fun.
what is funfetti cake?
Funfetti cake is a buttery vanilla cake filled with sprinkles. Hence the "fun" and "confetti" combination. Here, we use a box of Funfetti cake mix as a shortcut cookie recipe.
cake mix cookies
EASY 3-ingredient cake mix cookies combine a box of your favorite cake mix, oil, and eggs to create a sweet and chewy cookie.
You can mix in other ingredients, like these strawberry cake mix cookies with white chocolate chips. Or top with cherries, such as pineapple cake mix cookies.
Or, you can doctor the recipe to make an delicious version of a classic cookie, such as these chocolate chip cake mix cookies.
The magical combination works with any flavor. We even have lemon cookies and, of course, chocolate cookies.
more cookie recipes you'll love
INGREDIENTS AND SUPPLIES
You will need:
FUNFETTI CAKE MIX
I found a 15.24 ounce box of Funfetti cake mix my neighborhood supermarket.
You’ll need ⅓ cup of vegetable oil. This type of oil is the mildest for baking. You may also use canola oil, which is a type of vegetable oil.
This recipe calls for two large-size eggs.
While coating the cookies in sprinkles (jimmies) is optional, they look and taste so good with sprinkles!
Use any brand of rainbow jimmies/sprinkles you find.
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
This recipe makes 24 to 26 cookies, enough to fit on two trays. I suggest lining the trays with parchment paper for best results.
For uniform cookies that will bake evenly, I always use a scoop. Here, I use a mini scoop which holds about 1 ½ teaspoons of dough. (Although I use rounded scoops here, for about 2 teaspoon of dough per cookie.)
How to make Funfetti cake mix cookies
STEP 1: MAKE YOUR COOKIE DOUGH
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. I suggest an oven thermometer to be sure the oven is the right temperature! For example, my oven runs about 25 degrees too cold.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer OR in the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle, place your box of cake mix, ⅓ cup oil, and 2 large eggs.
- Blend well.
STEP 2: BAKE YOUR COOKIES
- Drop a ball of about 2 teaspoons of dough on your baking trays two-inches apart. You may use a small ice cream scoop if you like. The scoop shown is a 1 ½ teaspoon scoop, but rounded, so it’s about 2 teaspoons of dough.
- Pour sprinkles in a small bowl.
- Roll each dough ball in the sprinkles and return to the baking tray.
- Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes or until edges start to brown and the top cracks.
- TIP: Bake one tray at a time on the center rack of your oven. Keep the other tray of cookies in the refrigerator.
- Let cookies cool 10 to 15 minutes on the baking tray and transfer to a cooling rack.
MORE FUNFETTI AND SPRINKLE RECIPES
- Try some cake batter Funfetti fudge
- Some fun sprinkle Rice Krispie Treats
- Yummy shortbread cookies with sprinkles
- Learn to make Funfetti cake pops
- white cake mix cookies - May 26, 2023
- Easy no bake cookies - May 18, 2023
- Church Window Cookies - May 8, 2023
Please leave a comment.