All you need is four ingredients to whip up a batch of yummy pineapple cake mix cookies topped with cherries.
pineapple cake mix cookies
I always love an easy cookie recipe, and cake mix cookies are among the easiest to whip up. So when I saw a box of pineapple cake mix, I knew I had to make pineapple cake mix cookies.
cake mix cookies
EASY 3-ingredient cake mix cookies combine a box of your favorite cake mix, oil, and eggs to create a sweet and chewy cookie.
You can mix in other ingredients, like these strawberry cake mix cookies with white chocolate chips. Or, you can doctor the recipe to make an delicious version of a classic cookie, such as these chocolate chip cake mix cookies.
MORE COOKIES YOU'LL LOVE
INGREDIENTS AND SUPPLIES
You will need:
PINEAPPLE CAKE MIX
I found a 15.24 ounce box of Dunkin Hines Pineapple Cake mix in my neighborhood supermarket.
You'll need ⅓ cup of vegetable oil. This type of oil is the mildest for baking. You may also use canola oil, which is a type of vegetable oil.
This recipe calls for two large-size eggs.
While the cherries are optional, they add a sweet flavor contrast and a fun touch to the finished cookies. Choose stemless cherries. You'll need a small jar, or about two dozen cherries total.
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
This recipe makes 24 to 26 cookies, enough to fit on two trays. I suggest lining the trays with parchment paper for best results.
For uniform cookies that will bake evenly, I always use a scoop. Here, I use a mini scoop which holds about 1 ½ teaspoons of dough. (Although I use rounded scoops here, for about 2 teaspoon of dough per cookie.)
How to make pineapple cake mix cookies
STEP 1: MAKE YOUR COOKIE DOUGH
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. I highly suggest an oven thermometer to be sure the oven is the right temperature!
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer OR in the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle, place your box of cake mix, ⅓ cup oil, and 2 large eggs.
- Blend well.
STEP 2: BAKE YOUR COOKIES
- Drop about about 2 teaspoons of dough on your baking trays two-inches apart. You may use a small ice cream scoop if you like. The scoop shown is a 1 ½ teaspoon scoop, but rounded, so it’s about 2 teaspoons of dough.
- Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes or until edges start to brown and the top cracks.
- TIP: Bake one tray at a time on the center rack of your oven. Keep the other tray of cookies in the refrigerator.
- Immediately top each cookie with a cherry and press gently.
- Let cookies cool 10 to 15 minutes on the baking tray and transfer to a cooling rack.
more fun recipes with cherries OR pineapple
- 3 ingredient sugar cookies - March 15, 2023
- carmelita bars - March 7, 2023
- bug slice and bake cookies - March 2, 2023
Please leave a comment.