Enjoy an insanely delicious Triple Chocolate Cookie Bar for dessert tonight. These dark chocolate cookie bars are topped with luxuriously creamy milk chocolate ganache and silky smooth white chocolate ganache. They look as amazing as they taste.
If you love, love, love chocolate but can't decide between milk, dark, or white, why not have them all in one delicious dessert?
These triple chocolate cookie bars are a perfect blend of all three types of chocolate.
The dark chocolate cookie has a robust chocolate flavor. It's made using both melted semi-sweet chocolate and cocoa powder.
The thick layer of milk chocolate ganache couldn't be creamier. It has a mellow milk chocolate flavor which pairs beautifully with the more intense dark chocolate cookie.
The white chocolate layer has a rich milky flavor that compliments the other two chocolates. Plus, the off-white color looks really pretty on top of the two chocolatey brown layers.
These cookies do take a bit of time to make but most of that time is hands-off chill time. The cookies are made using a mixing bowl and spoon. No mixer is needed. And, I've shared a quick and easy way to make the milk and white chocolate ganache layers.
Don't be intimidated by all the steps involved in making these chocolatey cookie bars. I think you will find this recipe to be easier than you'd imagine.
Let's make triple chocolate cookie bars!
- mixing bowl
- silicone spatula (or wooden spoon)
- 8-inch square baking pan
- non-stick tin foil (or parchment paper)
- offset spatula, optional
- small saucepan
Tips for making cookie bars topped with chocolate ganache:
- Bake the dark chocolate cookie layer just until the edges are set and the middle no longer looks wet but jiggles slightly. This will give your cookies a fudgy brownie-like texture.
- To make the milk and white chocolate ganache, heat heavy whipping cream and the chocolate on the stove over LOW heat.
- It's important to allow the chocolate and cream to heat up slowly. Only heat it until about 75% of the chocolate has melted.
- Then, remove it from the heat and allow the residual heat to continue to melt the chocolate.
- If you overheat the chocolate it can become greasy or grainy.
layered chocolate cookie bar recipe
If you fall in love with the flavor of chocolate ganache, you might also enjoy making chocolate truffles.
If you love the look of a layered dessert, be sure to also check out my Triple Layer Mousse Cake Recipe, or Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars.
Now onto the recipe!
More Cookie Bar Recipes
- Sugar Cookie Cups - May 17, 2023
- Peanut Butter Cookie Cups - May 9, 2023
- PB&J Cookie Cups - May 3, 2023
Please leave a comment.