Decadently rich chocolate cookie bars topped with a thick layer of caramel and creamy chocolate ganache and sprinkled with chopped peanuts.
If you are looking for an ooey, gooey, chewy, and chocolatey cookie bar recipe, this is it!
Look at those layers of chocolate cookie bar topped with creamy caramel and luscious chocolate ganache and a sprinkling of salted peanuts.
It doesn’t get much better!
I know these layered cookie bars look like they’ll be a lot of work, but I’ve made this recipe as simple as possible. You’ll start by making a double chocolate cookie bar layer using a mixing bowl and spoon.
The caramel layer is ridiculously easy. You simply spread a can of Dulce de Leche over the cookie layer.
And the chocolate ganache is made in a small saucepan on the stove. You simply heat heavy whipping cream and chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth.
Easy enough! Right?
Let’s make Chocolate Caramel Cookie Bars!
- mixing bowl
- silicone spatula (or wooden spoon)
- 8-inch square baking pan
- non-stick tin foil (or parchment paper)
- offset spatula, optional
- small saucepan
Tips for making these cookies:
- Use chocolate that you enjoy eating right out of the package to make these cookie bars. The chocolate flavor will really shine through so be sure you use your favorite brand of chocolate. You can use chips or bars (finely chopped).
- Bake the cookie bars just until the edges look set and the center no longer looks wet. If you shake the pan and the center still jiggles (but doesn’t appear too wet) you can remove the pan from the oven. Your cookies will have moist, fudgy centers. If you prefer firmer cookies, bake longer.
- Do not overheat your chocolate ganache or it will become grainy or greasy.
More Cookie Bar Recipes